-
September 25th, 2006, 06:42 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Next week is "spirit week" at school, to celebrate Homecoming. The only good day, in my opinion, is Disney Day, which is on Wednesday. I really wanted to dress up myself, but I don't have a disney costume, only Stitch ears and t-shirts. I suppose I could wear my Halloween costume (It's a secret!) but I'm going to wear it to school on Haloween anyway. However... Miss Samantha Jane Parkington DOES have a Belle costume, so I'm contemplating bringing her to school! What do you think? I am a junior in High School.
Pros: I don't think anyone would care. I mean, I've walked around AT LEAST once a year in full Hermione Granger regalia, ever since eighth grade, and nobody really says anything about it anymore. I've brought dolls to school to switch with my friend, and all they did was stay in my locker, but I told one girl and she thought it was cool.
If I didn't feel like carrying her, I bet I could convince my favorite teacher to let me leave Sam (her look-alike) in her room.
Cons: It's high school, and there could always be someone who wouldn't take it the right way.
My mom doesn't think it is "age-appropriate" to bring the dolls to school and freaks out whenever I mention it. I BARELY convinced her to let me bring Cristel in, and all she did was sit in my locker all day. I even carried my books so I could keep her in my backpack. Maybe it's because I'm so short for my age, but it's not like nobody knows who I am (a lot of people come up to me in the hall and say hello, and I don't know who they are) or at least they know I belong in the school.
I could get nasty comments from the girls I stopped being friends with last year. Part of why we aren't friends is because they'd criticize the things I collect (dolls, stuffed animals, etc).
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks